The Complete Vegetable Cookbook James Strawbridge showcases more than 60 vegetables, season by season, exploring each plant’s unique characteristics, different varieties, and how best to prepare produce in your kitchen. An advocate of zero-waste. A must-have guide for every cook on how to prepare, store, and cook fresh seasonal vegetables with confidence and keep waste to a minimum. From asparagus and artichoke to fennel and celeriac, James Strawbridge has your veg box covered!
Whether you are looking to include more veg in your diet, moving to a vegan or meat-free lifestyle, or looking for some flavour inspiration for your dishes, this is a vegetarian cookbook with a difference – giving you the confidence and knowledge to safely prepare and cook the edible parts of seasonal vegetables.
– Covers more than 60 vegetables organised by seasonality
– Over 135 delicious vegetarian recipes for you to enjoy – including main meals, light lunches and sides
– Detailed information on plant varieties with annotated photographs displaying the edible parts of each vegetable
– Learn the best way to prepare, store, and preserve your favourite veg
– Handy zero-waste top tips and practical tricks throughout to make your vegetables last longer
– Sustainable leftover solutions from stocks, and drying techniques to pickling, fermenting, and roasting